“Beyond the traditional job boards, new-age HRTech tools are now available in abundance for both Singapore employers & job-seekers to connect!”
The Channel News Asia article on Singapore’s economic restructuring & transition efforts (in order to raise skills and improve productivity) was widely circulated in social media.
That triggered the thought for this blog, which aims to share non-traditional job search options available for all those looking for their next job opportunity in a tight Singapore job market.
Going beyond the traditional choices such as eFinancialCareers, Glasdoor, Indeed, JobsCentral, JobsDB, JobStreet, LinkedIn, Monster, MyCareersFuture and STJobs, here are the new-age job boards & talent marketplaces, part of the growing breed of HRTech companies, that are leveraging tech to match “right-fit talent” to “best-fit opportunities”…
- 100offer : “Top companies apply to you!” is how they position themselves to the job-seekers. Once candidates create their profiles, the allocated Talent Consultant will be present through the entire process to provide objective career advice & market insights; help evaluate opportunities both on and out of 100offer platform; prepare for interviews; and provide guidance during the offer negotiation stage.
- blonk: Apart from the platform connecting job-seekers and hiring managers, Blonk Executive Club is targeted at senior leaders of industries and experts where they will be privy to hidden opportunities that fit their ambitions & profile.
- FastJobs: An exclusive portal of non-executive (non PMET as we call in Singapore) roles — Full time, part-time, contract and temporary jobs (thereby meeting the needs of the gig economy workers too)
- Findjobs: “online jobs to offline workers”. A mobile app driven platform that is focused on non-tech, blue collared jobs. Key platform features: Real- time invitation to candidate for walk-in interview; receive relevant jobseekers via WhatsApp; broadcast to local jobseekers via their kiosks across Singapore; attract jobseekers staying near the workplace; and HR concierge to support hiring. findjobs in hrtech.sg marketplace
- GetLinks: GetLinks is a platform & ecosystem that connects tech talents with opportunities across Asia. It focuses on supporting candidates to build their skills, their connections, their teams and their careers. It has built a community of talents from across the tech world, ranging from developers, designers and digital marketers to operations managers and sales leaders (and they called this community “humans of tech”). Getlinks in hrtech.sg marketplace.
- Glints: Positioned to help companies build successful teams with Young Talent and Interns. From a job-seeker perspective, they focus on helping these young talents discover and develop careers they love.
- GrabJobs: A leading portal for Retail, Hospitality and F&B jobs, with presence across 7 countries in South East Asia (including Singapore). A cost-effective recruitment solution to help companies automate sourcing, screening and interviewing of candidates; thereby reducing hiring cycle from days to minutes. Grabjobs in hrtech.sg marketplace
- GradGreenhouse: A dedicated online Graduate Recruitment platform that offers a suite of online tools to help graduates and employers discover and evaluate each other for the roles best suited to them.
- IntroPls: IntroPls taps on power of the crowd referral to help employers find top candidates in less time and cost through its extensive network of recruiters and industry professionals.
- IOTALENTS: An online community and platform for Employers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. Using social recruitment, profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping, it is positioned as a “contemporary Recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment”! iotalents in hrtech.sg marketplace
- JOBS007: One of Asia’s first referral based job app platform that maps workforce to employers on demand through an “ incentive / referral based platform”. Talents are provided incentives to refer their network to relevant jobs. Hirers are then able to leverage on these existing professional networks to select and hire curated referred talents. jobs007 in hrtech.sg marketplace
- neuvoo: One of the largest online candidate pools globally, the platform enables employers post jobs for FREE directly from their career site or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). And then gives them an option to sponsor the jobs (and boos their visibility) by setting a budget.
- NODEFLAIR: A Singapore career platform focused on IT roles and their talent advocates will help candidates polish their portfolio, sharpen their interview skills, and advice you on salary trends.
- Recruit.net: Allows job seekers to find millions of jobs from thousands of web sites globally with a single search. They deliver job listings from corporate web sites, job boards, recruitment agencies and numerous other sources. They work closely with job sites and companies to increase visibility and exposure for their job listings by sending job seekers directly to the jobs on their web site.
- Rightspot: Job seekers create a profile and take their Personality Assessment to join the talent marketplace. Based on their resume, the candidates receive eligibility scores for jobs, while the Personality Assessment provides them with suitability scores for jobs. Employers spot candidates based on the eligibility and suitability scores, and can then choose to interview or hire the candidates.
- Snaphunt: Once a job-seeker submits his/her profile in the platform, they get targeted role proposals. Candidates can then share their profiles to their preferred roles / employers , and get real time updates on the entire process. snaphunt in hrtech.sg marketplace
- STARTUP JOBS: Though targeted as a Startups Jobs platform, it lists roles even in large unicorn technology firms (which were erstwhile start-ups).
- TalentTribe: “Explore Companies” is the focus as it provides extensive information about the Employer by providing an insider’s look of the company culture, offices, people and day-to-day work life (much before the candidates apply). This stands differentiated from most others who advertise only the roles / jobs.
- wanted.jobs: The interesting model about this platform is that candidates can apply for the listed jobs directly or refer their friends through their social networks. Successful applicants & referrers can earn up to SG$ 1,700 as a reward for their efforts!
- Wantedly: Positioned as a social recruitment platform, where people and companies meet based on passion and values, rather than salary and benefits. In addition, they provide provide Recruitment Marketing and Employer Branding expertise. wantedly in hrtech.sg marketplace
For a detailed note on some of the above players in addition to other Talent Acquisition related technologies, click here.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this blog are based primarily on secondary research and whatever relevant information is available in the public domain.
Sriram Iyer is the founder & CEO of hrtech.sg, a Singapore- headquartered #hrtech market development and analyst firm. A Human Resources practitioner with over two decades of experience, he is also a Certified Strengths Coach and a passionate #hrtech advocate. In his career, he has played leadership roles with the Singtel Group Enterprise and Nasdaq-listed Cognizant Technology Solutions. LinkedIn
2020 Singapore HRTech Market MapSwechha Mohapatra
Senior Consultant-Digital HR, hrtech.sg
01 Apr 2020 at 10:00 AM
20 Non-traditional Job boards for Singaporean Job-seekers & Employers!Sriram Iyer
Founder & CEO , hrtech.sg, hrtech.sg
13 Mar 2020 at 09:00 AM
Do you really know whom you hire?Kannan Chettiar
Managing Director, Avvanz
20 Feb 2020 at 10:00 AM
Re-defining Recruitment with Instahiring!Sanjoe Tom Jose
11 Dec 2019 at 03:00 PM
Employee Empowerment: A Business-Critical RequirementAndy Davies
Vice President of APAC, People First
20 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM
HR Onboarding: Drive Organizational Success Going Into 2020Manuj Gupta
CEO , Orane Consulting (MyJoining)
07 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM
Choosing the Right Champions: How ONA conquers the Change Adoption TrapFrancisco Marin Mayer
Co-founder & CEO, Cognitive Talent Solutions
15 Oct 2019 at 10:00 AM
People FirstAndrew Britton
03 Oct 2019 at 10:00 AM
HRMS for SMEs: It's a need, not a want!Sriram Iyer
Founder & CEO, hrtech.sg
26 Sep 2019 at 05:00 AM
How Mobile Apps are Transforming Human ResourcesKC Kwa
28 Aug 2019 at 07:00 AM
Simplifying Employee Bonus ProgramsNaveen Veda
16 Aug 2019 at 11:00 AM
Will machines replace your job in the future?Djoann Fal
Co-Founder & CEO, GetLinks
19 Jul 2019 at 05:00 AM
Establishing Agility in HRNigel Lim
Co-Founder & CEO, Payboy
08 Jul 2019 at 09:00 AM
6 months and the role is still open. Now what?Tulika Tripathi
28 Jun 2019 at 10:00 AM
Strategically Scaling HR with People AnalyticsDaniel West
Founder & CEO, Panalyt
19 Jun 2019 at 06:00 AM
How to hire the right people, the right way and fast?Riku Malkki
05 Jun 2019 at 10:30 AM
The interview is dead, long live the interviewOmer Molad
Co-Founder & CEO, Vervoe
22 May 2019 at 07:30 AM
It’s About Time Recruitment Got AutomatedEmmanuel Crouy
Co-Founder & CEO, GrabJobs
15 May 2019 at 05:00 AM
Recruitment Redefined: A Game-Changing Way to Attract Top TalentPaul Keijzer
Co-founder & CEO, The Talent Games
07 May 2019 at 09:00 AM
Is Machine Learning the recruitment Gamechanger we’ve been waiting for?Shana Lynde
Co-founder & CMO, Janeous
29 Apr 2019 at 01:00 PM
Performance Management – Desperately calling for Open Minds!!!Souvik Majumdar
Founder & CCS, GroSum
22 Apr 2019 at 12:00 PM
Unleash the Power of TeamsRudi Ramin
Co-Founder and CEO, Grow
15 Apr 2019 at 05:00 AM
Snackable self-paced learning for the modern (deskless) workerJames Chia
Co-Founder & CEO, ArcLab
09 Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM
Onboarding should be a Pleasure, not a Pain.Vijay Veera
Co-Founder & CEO, Digidesk
01 Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM
The Science of HiringKek Sei Wee
25 Mar 2019 at 11:00 AM
Digitally Engage Your Mobile Workforce for Better Business ReturnsAndy G. Schmidt
Founder & CEO, Beekeeper Communication
15 Mar 2019 at 03:45 PM
Dining Out On HR TechnologyRichard Hanson
18 Feb 2019 at 10:45 AM
Performance Appraisal is NOT Performance Management. Make it continuous, make it holistic.Shankar Krishnamoorthy
Co-Founder & CEO, Synergita
11 Feb 2019 at 12:45 PM
The Tech Of Tomorrow is already here: Artificial Intelligence in RecruitmentTeam Wantedly
29 Jan 2019 at 10:15 AM
Ready! Get Set! BOT!Jian Hong Tan
CEO & Co-Founder, Su-Ette
18 Jan 2019 at 04:15 AM
Where’s the Human Touch in Recruiting?Sujo John
Business Head, Monster.com
10 Jan 2019 at 04:30 AM
HRTech Stack recommendations for Start-upsAdrian Tan
02 Jan 2019 at 05:00 AM
Creating a Culture Of WellnessChris Teo
26 Dec 2018 at 03:00 AM
Technology & Culture: Two sides of the same coinDN Prasad
Founder & Executive Coach, Noetic Step
17 Dec 2018 at 03:00 AM
Singapore’s HRTech Start-ups attract more VC funding in Sep 2018!
01 Nov 2018 at 03:00 AM
100 HRTECH Start-ups in singapore and still counting
29 Oct 2018 at 03:00 AM