“Recruiters are experiencing a significant shift in the market that now prefers to hire professionals for ‘gigs’, rather than permanently. This shift can be accounted to the changing preference of the millennial. This change brings in the obvious boom of the ‘freelance market’.”
Most seasoned high-volume recruiters understand that Time to Hire is the single most important hiring metric. Time to Hire in itself is important as business always need candidates like yesterday. Most high volume recruiters are in businesses where either you have a large field workforce and if you do not have enough people on the field at any given point of time your ability to sell or service is limited or you are a services business where your resources are billed to the end customer and if you do not have enough resources on payroll you are losing revenue.
But Time to Hire is important not just by itself, it also impacts all other key hiring metrics- Quality of Hire, Candidate Experience and Cost per Hire. We will discuss each of these below.
- Quality of Hire: A good candidate today is available in the market only for 10 days. If you have a 2 months-long hiring process your ability to hire the best candidates is significantly limited.
- Candidate Experience: 6 out of 10 candidates who drop off the funnel attribute that to a long hiring process. After spending a lot of effort in getting the candidate interested in your job the person drops-off because you are not responding fast enough or taking too long to make a decision.
- Cost of Hire: It costs an average of USD 4000 for every new hire. The cost increases with the time you spent.
Meanwhile, the working-class demographic is undergoing a massive transformation with digitally native Millennials entering the workforce. Statistics show that Millennials will constitute 75% of the working demographic in the United States by 2030. As far the Indian market is concerned, the gig economy is expected to account for 43% of the workforce by 2020. 52% of the private workforce has spent time as independent workers at some point in 2018.
The biggest surprise that the millennials bring is different, however. Recruiters are experiencing a significant shift in the market that now prefers to hire professionals for ‘gigs’, rather than permanently. This shift can be accounted to the changing preference of the millennial. This change brings in the obvious boom of the ‘freelance market’.
While hiring in the freelance market, it is important to keep the time to hire minimal. The reason is simple- this is because recruiters cannot simply afford to waste one month recruiting for a role that has a life cycle of only three months.
Instahiring is envisioned as the fastest way to hire for enterprise employers across the globe. It makes this possible for employers through a combination of three techniques- automation of routine recruiting tasks, enabling anytime-anywhere screening and capturing & reusing data across the hiring process or Remote-Automate-Reuse in short. Here’s how it’s done.
Traditional hiring methods usually involve the following steps:
- Manual screening: Post procuring, thousands of profiles need to be sifted through in order to narrow down the potential contestants for the role.
- Offline Selection: After narrowing down candidates, the selection process for the ideal candidate will be underway. This will include initial screening methods like telephonic interviews, technical assignments, face-to-face interviews, etc. While there might be multiple good candidates, one for whom factors like budget, location and timing are most suitable ends up joining.
- Lost Date: Most of the above steps happen offline and Applicant Tracking Systems mostly will have information on only the selected candidate. One or two months later, the same or another recruiter from the organization would reach out to the candidate but with zero context on what has transpired between the candidate and the organization the last time.
Instahiring procedure will involve the following steps that drastically reduce the time to hire:
- Automated Screening: With Talview’s Instahiring experience, recruiters can bid goodbye to manual screening. With the brand new automated screening in place, the algorithm is designed to help with the specific needs of the recruiter. Imagine sifting through thousands of resumes in mere minutes, that’s what automated screening is all about. And if you are in a segment where candidates do not use resumes, Talview Recruitment Assistant bot can be used to ask the candidate the screening questions a recruiter would ask in the first telephonic conversation during the initial touchpoint itself.
- Online Assessments and Interviewing: One of the most time-consuming processes of hiring is scheduling interviews and ensuring that they take place on time. If the candidate is remotely based, chances are that the hassles are higher than normal. Tools like online interviewing and online assessments which are remotely proctored massively reduce the time to hire by generating a comprehensive report about the personality of the candidate without any human intervention. Post the interview, the recruiter/additional reviewers can playback the interview as many times as possible and is thus able to make a better-informed decision.
- Automated Interview Scheduling: Talview uses deep calendar integrations coupled with provision to collect availability of the candidate via its mobile app to make interview scheduling 100% automated.
- Intelligent Reuse: All the information generated during the hiring process is available for reuse. If the candidate becomes part of the hiring process ever again, the new hiring manager will have complete access to the candidate's profile including past interview recordings, assessment reports, interviewer feedback, etc and the hiring manager can fast-track the candidate to a step 3 or step 5 effortlessly.
- One-click Consumer Experience: Non-power users of recruitment systems like Hiring Managers, Interviewers, and Candidates wouldn't want to go through elaborate processes to be part of the process. Talview's availability on mobile devices, platforms like Microsoft Teams/Slack coupled with the ability to operate from email/SMS delivers a great experience comparable with the one-click experience provided by modern-day consumer applications.
So how does Instahiring experience surpass traditional methods of hiring? Well, the difference is simple.
- It takes the entire process online and removes schedule and location constraints associated with hiring making the entire process faster.
- It removes the need for human intervention for 3 out of the total of 5 steps involved. This gives it a towering advantage over traditional methods as recruiters can now focus on the quality of hire even while hiring for temporary roles. The indication of a successful company relies on the quality of its workforce, temporary and permanent.
- It reuses all the information you ever generate during the recruitment process to avoid repeat steps in the hiring process.
Instahiring is envisioned as the way to find quality talent in the fastest way possible. With Instahiring, we welcome the future of recruitment!!
Sanjoe Jose is the Chief Executive Officer at Talview. He is a serial entrepreneur with ventures in Enterprise SaaS and Consumer Internet domains. Previously, he has worked with MNCs like National Instruments and L&T. He is an Engineer and MBA from IIT Bombay. He is passionate about using AI to solve enterprise business problems. LinkedIn
Re-defining Recruitment with Instahiring!Sanjoe Tom Jose
11 Dec 2019 at 03:00 PM
Employee Empowerment: A Business-Critical RequirementAndy Davies
Vice President of APAC, People First
20 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM
HR Onboarding: Drive Organizational Success Going Into 2020Manuj Gupta
CEO , Orane Consulting (MyJoining)
07 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM
Choosing the Right Champions: How ONA conquers the Change Adoption TrapFrancisco Marin Mayer
Co-founder & CEO, Cognitive Talent Solutions
15 Oct 2019 at 10:00 AM
People FirstAndrew Britton
03 Oct 2019 at 10:00 AM
HRMS for SMEs: It's a need, not a want!Sriram Iyer
Founder & CEO, hrtech.sg
26 Sep 2019 at 05:00 AM
How Mobile Apps are Transforming Human ResourcesKC Kwa
28 Aug 2019 at 07:00 AM
Simplifying Employee Bonus ProgramsNaveen Veda
16 Aug 2019 at 11:00 AM
Will machines replace your job in the future?Djoann Fal
Co-Founder & CEO, GetLinks
19 Jul 2019 at 05:00 AM
Establishing Agility in HRNigel Lim
Co-Founder & CEO, Payboy
08 Jul 2019 at 09:00 AM
6 months and the role is still open. Now what?Tulika Tripathi
28 Jun 2019 at 10:00 AM
Strategically Scaling HR with People AnalyticsDaniel West
Founder & CEO, Panalyt
19 Jun 2019 at 06:00 AM
How to hire the right people, the right way and fast?Riku Malkki
05 Jun 2019 at 10:30 AM
The interview is dead, long live the interviewOmer Molad
Co-Founder & CEO, Vervoe
22 May 2019 at 07:30 AM
It’s About Time Recruitment Got AutomatedEmmanuel Crouy
Co-Founder & CEO, GrabJobs
15 May 2019 at 05:00 AM
Recruitment Redefined: A Game-Changing Way to Attract Top TalentPaul Keijzer
Co-founder & CEO, The Talent Games
07 May 2019 at 09:00 AM
Is Machine Learning the recruitment Gamechanger we’ve been waiting for?Shana Lynde
Co-founder & CMO, Janeous
29 Apr 2019 at 01:00 PM
Performance Management – Desperately calling for Open Minds!!!Souvik Majumdar
Founder & CCS, GroSum
22 Apr 2019 at 12:00 PM
Unleash the Power of TeamsRudi Ramin
Co-Founder and CEO, Grow
15 Apr 2019 at 05:00 AM
Snackable self-paced learning for the modern (deskless) workerJames Chia
Co-Founder & CEO, ArcLab
09 Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM
Onboarding should be a Pleasure, not a Pain.Vijay Veera
Co-Founder & CEO, Digidesk
01 Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM
The Science of HiringKek Sei Wee
25 Mar 2019 at 11:00 AM
Digitally Engage Your Mobile Workforce for Better Business ReturnsAndy G. Schmidt
Founder & CEO, Beekeeper Communication
15 Mar 2019 at 03:45 PM
Dining Out On HR TechnologyRichard Hanson
18 Feb 2019 at 10:45 AM
Performance Appraisal is NOT Performance Management. Make it continuous, make it holistic.Shankar Krishnamoorthy
Co-Founder & CEO, Synergita
11 Feb 2019 at 12:45 PM
The Tech Of Tomorrow is already here: Artificial Intelligence in RecruitmentTeam Wantedly
29 Jan 2019 at 10:15 AM
Ready! Get Set! BOT!Jian Hong Tan
CEO & Co-Founder, Su-Ette
18 Jan 2019 at 04:15 AM
Where’s the Human Touch in Recruiting?Sujo John
Business Head, Monster.com
10 Jan 2019 at 04:30 AM
HRTech Stack recommendations for Start-upsAdrian Tan
02 Jan 2019 at 05:00 AM
Creating a Culture Of WellnessChris Teo
26 Dec 2018 at 03:00 AM
Technology & Culture: Two sides of the same coinDN Prasad
Founder & Executive Coach, Noetic Step
17 Dec 2018 at 03:00 AM
Singapore’s HRTech Start-ups attract more VC funding in Sep 2018!
01 Nov 2018 at 03:00 AM
100 HRTECH Start-ups in singapore and still counting
29 Oct 2018 at 03:00 AM